This is the perfect Cranberry Congealed Salad for your Thanksgiving meal.For years my in laws have expected me to produce a good recipe and since this has all the Good Stuff squished together.It is my stand by and go back to recipe. A great compliment to your chicken and turkey dishes.
- 1 (6 oz) pkg cherry jello
- 2 c boiling water
- 2 large golden delicious apples, peeled and grated
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1 can(s) whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, at room temperature 2 hours
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 6 – 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 c chopped toasted pecans
1. Part 1. Dissolve Jello in boiling water, stir to mix, set aside to cool. Add apples, pecans, and cranberry sauce. Turn into a 13×9 glass dish and chill until firm.
2. Part 2. Blend softened cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in crushed pineapples. Add vanilla to Cool Whip mix with wooden spoon. Gradually add Cool Whip mixture to cream cheese – pineapple mixture. Spread evenly over firm set Jello mixture, sprinkle toasted pecans on top. Keep chilled until serving time.