- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and granulated sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in eggs and lemon extract, beat until fluffy. Add lemon zest.
- Mix in flour, salt, and baking powder until well combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop out cookie dough with a 2 Tbsp scoop. If your hands are sticky, dip them in the powdered sugar first. Drop cookie dough into powdered sugar and roll in sugar until generously coated.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 11-13 minutes. Remove and cool completely on wire rack.