Everyone loves to bake cookies with family or friends (everyone, right???), and this is an easy, healthy way to make your favorite cookie!
COCONUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Prep time: 10 minsCook time: 12 minsTotal time: 22 mins
Serves: 1 dozen
- ⅔ cup cassava flour
- ½ Teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ Teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ Cup coconut butter (softened)
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 Egg (room temp)*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ Cup chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl. mix the coconut butter, honey, and coconut sugar with a fork. Once the sugar and coconut butter is completely combined, mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet to form a dough, and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, roll the dough into balls, and place them on the cookie sheet (use a cookie scoop for even-sized cookies).
- Flatted the cookies because they won’t spread on their own, and bake for about 12 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
*To bring the egg to room temp: Take it out of the fridge 30-60 minutes before you plan to bake the cookies, or set it in a cup of room temp water for 5-10 minutes.