For the Chocolate Cake
- 2 Boxes of Triple Chocolate Cake Mix
- 6 large eggs
- 2 ½ C water
- 1 C canola oil
- 3 9in round cake pans
- 1 10 round cake board
- 1 cake slicer to level out the cake domes
For the Caramel frosting
- 2 C unsalted butter, softened
- 5 C powdered sugar
- 4-6 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp caramel sauce
- 1 bottle of caramel sauce
- 1 bottle of chocolate sauce
- Twix candy bars
- 1 large piping bag with star tip
For the chocolate cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray the cake pans with pam baking spray
- Using a hand mixer, beat together all ingredients until combined
- Divide batter into the 3 cake pans
- Bake at 350°F for 28-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
For the frosting
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, 2 tbsp caramel sauce.
- Beat until combined, smooth and stiff with peaks
How to Build the Cake
- Place one cake layer onto the cake board and cut the dome off the cake to make an even layer.
- Repeat step with the other two layers.
- Place one of the cake layers onto the cake board.
- Scoop 1 C of caramel frosting onto the cake layer and smooth evenly.
- Place the second cake layer on top of the frosting.
- Smooth 1 C of caramel frosting onto the second cake layer.
- Place the last layer on top.
- Frost entire cake with remaining frosting and smooth evenly with a frosting scraper or a flat metal spatula.
- Using the caramel sauce, pipe drips around the top edge of the cake so that it drips down the sides.
- Repeat step with the chocolate sauce.
- Pipe dollops of frosting around the top of the cake.
- Place pieces of Twix candy bars into the frosting.