- 4 bone-in chicken thighs cooking oil
- 1.5 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 pound green beans, ends snipped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce (not paste)
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- Set a pan on the stove top and set to medium high heat. Add enough cooking oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- When the oil is hot, brown the chicken on both sides, you don’t need to cook the meat through.
- Add the diced potatoes and green beans to the bottom of the slow cooker, toss them together to combine them.
- Add the chicken thighs on top of the potatoes and green beans. Add the garlic.
- Drizzle over the tomato sauce, then sprinkle over the salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary.
- Take a spatula and smear around the sauce trying to combine the seasoning into the sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4.5 hours.
- Do no open the lid during the cooking time or the potatoes will not get tender.