- 1.5 pounds russet potatoes (cleaned, and sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- .5 teaspoon dried rosemary (crushed)
- .5 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (crushed)
- sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 slices bacon (cooked and chopped)
- .25 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt (plus more for serving)
- .25 cup pico de gallo style salsa (plus more for serving)
- 2 minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Wash and dry potatoes, leaving skin on.
Slice potatoes into .25-inch rounds and place in a large bowl.
Drizzle olive oil, rosemary, and thyme over potatoes. Stir to combine.
Place potatoes, in a single layer, on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, turn over, and continue baking for an additional 20 minutes.
Remove potatoes from baking sheet and place on a flat-sided cast iron skillet, slightly overlapping the edges.
Sprinkle with cheese and bacon, and return to the oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.
Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro, and serve with Greek yogurt or sour cream and salsa.
- I put the Greek yogurt and pico de gallo in the center of the nachos, but you could also serve it on the side.
- I’m sure they would also be delicious with guacamole, but the grocery store was sold out of guacamole and avocados!