Those who like the taste of lemon will certainly enjoy this different and delicious recipe for lemon bars that ineskolh.info shares with you. This is a lemon dessert with a crunchy base and a filling with a pudding-like consistency, but you can also use another variety of lemons to make it. Check below the preparation of lemon bars and try them!
Ingredients to make Lemon bars:
For the base of the bars:
- 1 cup Wheat flour (140 grams).
- ¼ cup sugar (50 grams)
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 dessertspoon vanilla essence or extract.
For the filling:
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Sicilian Lemon juice
- 1 cup of sugar (200 grams)
- 4 tablespoons of corn starch
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 piece of Sicilian lemon
How to make lemon bars:
- To prepare these Sicilian Lemon Sticks you need to start by gathering the ingredients.
- To prepare the base of this lemon dessert you have to mix in a bowl all the corresponding ingredients (flour, sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla essence) until you obtain a homogeneous and compact dough
- Cover with aluminum foil a rectangular mold of about 20 cm in diameter. With a spatula, spread the mixture of the base of the lemon bars on the bottom. Bake the dough base in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling for the lemon bars: to do this, beat together in a blender or food processor the lemon juice and pulp (without seeds). Ideally, the lemon pulp should be in very small pieces, and if desired, it can be passed through a sieve.
- To continue preparing the filling for the lemon bars, mix the previous preparation with the sugar.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix everything very well.
- When the base of the lemon bars is well baked, pour the previous mixture on top and bake again in the oven at 150°C for 30 minutes, or until the filling has a pudding-like consistency.
- After this time, remove the lemon dessert from the oven and let it cool completely. Unmold and with a knife, cut into lemon bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately. Bon appétit!