My mom makes this salad for Thanksgiving every year. We eat it with our Turkey and Mom’s Dressing, but we can eat it alone or in place of dessert. It is simply fabulous!
- 1 pkg cranberries (found in produce section)
- 2 large oranges, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large apples, unpeeled, chopped (i use granny smith)
- 2 c pecans, chopped
- 1 pkg strawberry jello
- 1/2 c celery, chopped fine
- peel from one orange, grated
- 1/2 c crushed pineapple
- 2 c sugar
1. Wash the cranberries and drain well.
2. Peel oranges and cut into chunks; cut apples and chop, leaving peel on; chop pecans and celery.
3. Combine all ingredients, except Jell-O, in large serving bowl (do not drain pineapple). Mix well.
4. Mix 1 cup boiling water with Jell-O, blend until Jell-O has dissolved, then pour over fruit mixture.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1
day (2 days is better) to allow flavors to mix well.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!