An improved version of the gratin Dauphinois, to which we add bacon and cheese. A comforting dish, perfect for cold winter evenings.
Preparation time: 20min
Cooking time : 1h10min
Ready in : 1h30min
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- 6 slices bacon, diced, cooked
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lb. potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 2 cups 15% cream, warm
Steps of preparation
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix onion, Swiss cheese, cooked bacon, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Spread one-third of the potato slices on the bottom of the baking dish, followed by one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Baste top with hot cream.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.