Acorn and Butternut Squash Soup only requires a few ingredients to make and is incredible! The perfect easy, healthy soup to make in the Fall!
- 1 medium butternut squash, skin and seeds removed and diced into smaller chunks
- 1 medium acorn squash, skin and seeds removed and diced into smaller chunks
- 1 large onion, diced into large pieces
- 2 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut milk or heavy cream, to garnish (optional)
- green onions, to garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet and place the diced acorn and butternut squash on the baking sheet. Drizzle oil on top and season with salt and pepper, mix until combined.
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the squash is fork tender.
Add the roasted vegetables to a large pot, add in the vegetable stock, minced garlic, dried thyme, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Mix everything and allow the soup to simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat. Puree the soup using an immersion blender. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Serve and garnish with coconut milk or heavy cream and top with sliced green onions. (optional)