- (12-ounce) package extra broad egg noodles
- 2 cups frozen peas (or your favorite vegetables)
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (or 1 can mushroom, one can celery)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cook noodles according to package directions (only cook noodles to al dente, they still have a bite to them) as they will cook in the oven if using frozen peas add them during the last 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile: In a large bowl combine soup, milk, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, onion, garlic, and pepper. Mix well. Add warm pasta, peas, and tuna, stir until combined.
- Spread into a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Mix the cracker crumbs with butter in a bowl and sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the casserole is heated through.
- If using canned peas, drain them and add to the bowl at the same time as the pasta.
- Be sure to only cook the noodles to al dente as they will continue cooking in the oven.
- You can use any pasta you like. Noodles are classic but this recipe is great with elbows, shells, cavatappi, and penne too. I imagine every pasta would work in this recipe.