No Bake Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (10 full sheet crackers)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip whipped topping
Fresh Strawberry Topping
- 1 pound fresh strawberries (might need more depending on size of strawberries)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 ounce box strawberry jello gelatin (with 1 tablespoon removed)
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- In a medium bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Dump into a 9” pie pan. Spread in an even layer, then use fingers, or flat-bottomed glass, to press crumbs firmly on bottom and up sides of pan. Chill for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl use a hand mixer to beat together cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar until smooth and no lumps remain, about 1 minute on high.
- Gently fold 2 cups of whipped topping into cream cheese mixture. Evenly spread cheesecake filling in no bake crust. Place back in refrigerator for 1 hour while making strawberry topping.
- Wash strawberries, hull, and then place on towels to dry.
- In a small saucepan whisk together sugar, corn STARCH, and water. Bring to boil, whisking occasionally.
- Immediately remove from heat once it begins to boil. Whisk in strawberry jello (with 1 tablespoon removed) and corn SYRUP. Stir to dissolve and let sit until thickened and cooled, about 1 hour. Stir occasionally while cooling.
- Arrange washed, dried, and hulled strawberries, cut side down, on top of cheesecake filling. Spoon cooled strawberry gelatin mixture over fresh strawberries. Return cheesecake to refrigerator for gelatin to set, about 1 hour. Serve cheesecake with remaining whipped topping.