- 20 ounces shredded hash browns thawed
- 1 pound sausage cooked, crumbled and drained
- ¼ cup onion finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk 12 ounces, or 1 ⅓ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning or your favorite herbs/spices (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F (if baking immediately).
Brown sausage and drain fat.
Combine eggs, evaporated milk, salt & pepper, and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
Set aside ½ cup cheese for the topping.
Place remaining ingredients in a 9×13 baking pan. Pour egg mixture over the mixture and top with remaining cheese.
Cover and refrigerate overnight if desired.
Bake 55-65 minutes or until cooked through.
If casserole is refrigerated overnight, remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking. It may require an extra 10-15 minutes cook time.
Evaporated milk can be substituted with 1 1/3 cups milk.