Crab can be replaced by lobster, shrimp, or clams in this delicious recipe based on our seafood broth.
- 6 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups potatoes
- 6 tbsp. carrot, cut into ribbons
- 1 can of CAMPBELL’S® 30% less sodium seafood broth
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cans of refrigerated pasteurized crab meat
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, potatoes, and carrot strips. Stir-fry vegetables until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- In a large saucepan, add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Add flour and whisk constantly over medium heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in seafood broth, whisking constantly to obtain a smooth mixture.
- Add the stir-fried onions, carrot strips, and potatoes, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. 5. Add cream, sherry, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and crab meat (can be replaced by lobster or shrimp) and simmer for another 5 minutes.