- 10 oz. egg noodles
- 1 to 1 ½ lb. ground beef
- 3 T. butter
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 T. all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 c. Burgundy, other dry red wine, OR red cooking wine
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can beef broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 T. butter, melted
- 1/3 c. Panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 c. grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 T. chopped fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium to medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until limp, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add ground beef and mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until ground beef is browned.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in flour.
- Return pan to heat. Stir in tomato sauce, Burgundy/red wine, beef broth, salt, and pepper. Bring a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and mozzarella cheese. Toss ground beef mixture with the cooked noodles.
- Spoon into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- For the topping, combine 1 tablespoon melted butter, Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan, and chopped parsley in a small bowl. Toss together with a fork. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the noodle mixture.
- Bake at 350℉ for 25 – 30 minutes until heated through and bubbly.