My family has been enjoying banana pudding for years, as I’m sure many of you have as well. I figured it was about time to share the recipe and photos with all of you!
When trying out different versions and variations through the years, the recipe that stuck is Paula Deen’s Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding. She knows her banana pudding, for sure.
Why this Banana Pudding Recipe is BEST?
- No Bake- sets up in 4 hours, firm enough to slice and serve
- Looks beautiful in a trifle bowl, layered!
- I changed the recipe so it’s ONE BOWL. Easy to make, easy to clean.
Tips for making Paula Deen’s Banana Pudding
- Use an electric mixer to get smooth pudding results. Make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature!
- For best results, allow the banana pudding to chill for at least 4 hours, overnight is best!
- Store banana pudding covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
How long does this last?
Banana Pudding can be made a day in advance, however, for best results SHOULD be eaten within two days.
The bananas will begin to brown after two days. Make sure you cover the bananas completely with the pudding mixture so they are not exposed to air.
I do not recommend freezing banana pudding.
Banana Pudding Ingredients:
Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies OR 2 bags Vanilla Wafers
French Vanilla pudding
Sweetened condensed milk
Frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
You can find a copy of this recipe on the next page. Enjoy!
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON OR OPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS.