2 cups unbleached flour, sifted
tsp kosher salt
2 egg yolks
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 cups spaghetti, cooked
4 cups tomato sauce, pre-made
3 meatballs, pre-made
4 Tbsp butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Parmesan cheese
2 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a large bowl add flour and salt together. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add 3 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks. Use a fork to mix the egg into the flour. Once the mixture thickens, empty it out onto a floured surface. Using your hands knead the pasta for 3-5 minutes until all ingredients have become incorporated. If the pasta is too sticky add a little more flour into the dough. If you press your finger into the dough and it springs back, the dough is ready. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
2. Divide the pasta dough into 2 pieces. Using a pasta machine, one at a time, roll out each piece from the widest to the thinnest setting. Place the dough onto a floured surface again and using a rolling pin roll it out more so that it is about 9 inches by 9 inches. Repeat with the other half of the dough.
3. Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Bring a large wide pot of water with a pinch of salt to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
4. In a mixing bowl add spaghetti, three cups of the tomato sauce, and meatballs. Combine with cup of the Parmesan. Heat the remaining tomato sauce in a small pot on low, until ready to serve.
5. Place your spaghetti and meatball mixture onto the center of the dough sheet. Wet the edges of the pasta and add the top sheet of the ravioli dough. Press the dough around the filling, trying not to leave too much air inside. Press down the edges of the ravioli. Use a knife to remove any excess dough, making sure the top and bottom of the ravioli line up. Next take a fork dipped in flour and press around the edges. Overlap your fork marks to ensure the edges of the ravioli are sealed.
6. Place the ravioli carefully into the water for 5-7 minutes. Remove and place on a baking sheet.
7. In a pot melt butter and then add garlic. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
8. In a small bowl mix Parmesan, breadcrumbs, and parsley. Brush the butter and garlic on top of the ravioli, and top with the cheese and breadcrumb mixture.
9. Place the ravioli in the oven until the ravioli starts to brown, about 10 minutes. Pour the remaining tomato sauce on the base of your serving plate. Carefully lift the ravioli on top of the sauce. Pour the remaining garlic butter over the top of your ravioli and garnish with additional parsley and Parmesan.