1 can San Marzano tomatoes
1 Spanish onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
4 large fresh basil leaves
cup extra virgin olive oil
package fiorelli pasta
1 lb(s) ground beef
yellow onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup spinach, chopped
All above ingredients
6 cups beef broth
1 cup Sauce (see above)
kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sweat onions and garlic until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add canned tomatoes and gently stir, being careful not to break the tomatoes (it can make them bitter). Stir occasionally. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes. Add basil and pure with immersion blender. Set aside.
1. In a large skillet, add olive oil, onions and garlic and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, letting the oil get infused with the flavours. Add ground beef and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook until there is no more red in the ground beef, about 12 minutes. Drain fat from beef.
2. Ladle prepared tomato sauce into skillet with the beef and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Add cooked noodles directly to skillet and stir to combine. Stir in tomatoes, spinach and gently stir.
3. Serve in individual bowls and garnish with a spoonful of ricotta, grated mozzarella and basil.
1. Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, bring broth and tomato-ground beef sauce to a boil.
3. Add cooked noodles and stir. Ladle into bowls and garnish with a spoonful of ricotta, grated mozzarella and basil.